The Benefits Of Having A Coach
According to The Institute of Coaching, an affiliate of Harvard Medical School, having a Life Coach is shown to have incredibly powerful effects, especially over the long term (6 - 12 months).
Studies have shown that having a life coach can have the following positive effects:
- The ability to take action towards achieving their goals
- Become more self - reliant and self - aware
- Show an increase in their job and life satisfaction
- Effectively contribute to team and organizational goals
- Take greater responsibility for their actions and accountability for their commitments
- Productively work with others easily and efficiently
- Are able to communicate their needs and wants
- Establish healthy boundaries
- Notice an increase in work/life balance
Alternatively, research published by the International Coaching Federation in conjunction with The Manchester Review found that, 80% of people who had coaches report an increase in their self-confidence, while 70% of coaching subjects found an improved work performance, better relationships, and more effective at communicating their needs. (McGovern, Joy)
McGovern, Joy, et al. “Behavioral Change, Organizational Outcomes, and Return on Investment.” Maximizing the Impact of Executive Coaching: Behavioral Change, Organizational Outcomes, and Return on Investment., The Manchester Review, 2001, researchportal.coachfederation.org/MediaStream/PartialView?documentId=268.